Thứ Bảy, 2 tháng 1, 2010

Sleepless in West Coast


It's weird that after a long last-day-of-the-year, I just could sleep for a while. I woke up at 4 am and waited until my patience was worn. Jet-lag? Crap!
Then I sneaked out of the bed in which two of my folks were sleeping like a log (or 2 logs?), gently opened the door to see the West Coast area in the early morning. Fantastic! I could hear the birds' song right here in the city!
Yesterday when I set my foot on Singapore soil, I didn't even fancy what would happen to me then. I didn't know that there were free phone in the terminal station so I had to walk around to find a place in order to change some coins for the call, well, in vain. Then a girl with nice eyes gave me 50 cent and 10 cent for free. I lost for words at the moment so she thought I didn't understand English, then she tried to explain to me "I gave you, free, you no pay..."
I used the 50 cent coin for the call. How about the 10 cent coin? I threw it into the Sing River right at 12:00 pm when the sparkling fireworks started to blow, making a wish though I wasn't at Levi fountain. But who cares, when you really had something to wish. (Well, frankly I felt a little bit nervous then 'coz I heard that it's illegal to drop litter here. Dunno whether a wishing coin was litter or not. )

Back to the sleepless night in West Coast. I tried to find something to think about when standing at the balcony seeing the area sleeping in the dim light at dawn, but gave up right then. I didn't wanna think about anything but enjoyed the moment when I found myself "sleepless in West Coast" with the birds' song around.